Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mystery Drawing Makeover

First 'Mystery Drawing' Clue - Before.

First 'Mystery Drawing' Clue - After.
 The other day we did a bit of a cleanup around the house, and out popped an old drawing I had done about a year ago, using coloured pencil on good quality cartridge paper.  It was half finished, and I remember feeling a bit bored with it and that is why I hadn't gone any further.  It's amazing what a bit of time can do, though, and I felt motivated to bring it back to life.  It is quite a detailed one, with many different sections and scenes, and it will take me a while to do, so I thought it might be fun to turn it into a 'Mystery Drawing' series.  In other words, instead of waiting until it is finished and then posting it for you to see (who knows how long it will take??), I thought I would make things more interesting and only post small sections at a time, showing the before and after.  The way I am reworking it is to scan it and open in Photoshop, and then use the drawing tablet and paintbrush tool to recolour it by hand, making it look as much like coloured pencil as possible.  Here is the first 'clue' to the Mystery Drawing.  Feel free to comment...can you guess what the drawing will look like?

You can catch me working on this artwork at my You Tube channel.

Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...