Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Paisley Power

Do you like Paisleys?  I do!  For some reason I have always found myself attracted to the Paisley design, whether it be on wrapping paper, clothes...I think I once had a very loud Paisley shirt when I was at university (I was such a dag back then...probably now too hehe.)

Oh...sorry...'dag'? That's a bit of kiwi/New Zealand slang for you.  See, you get so much free bonus information here at the MM drawing blog.  It's worth subscribing just so that you can learn these useful little gems of kiwi culture.  The word 'dag' can mean a variety of things, usually 'unfashionable' or 'old fashioned', but it can also mean that a person is funny, or has a good sense of humour.  There is also another meaning, but I will let you Google that one and find out.  I will give you a clue...it has something to do with sheep.  When you Google 'dag', you might also find a person called 'Fred Dag'...he's another story altogether LOL.

Anyway back to the point (yes, there was a point to this post, I promise).  I am really addicted to the Paisley design and I love drawing them.  Once you know how to draw that curly teardrop shape, the world is your oyster.  You can really go for it and fill those wonderful shapes with all sorts of patterns and decorations.  They can be as bright and colourful as the one shown in my drawing above, or you can draw them in soft pastels, or perhaps just limit your design to one or two colours, which always looks effective.  

I really enjoyed drawing and editing the latest video tutorial, 'Paisley Power'.  I hope you enjoy it.  Don't forget to let me know what you think either in the comments below or on my youtube channel...and why not have a go at drawing your own paisley, record it, and create a video response to the tutorial video?  I would be so happy if you did:)

Happy drawing!
Regards, 

'Paisley Power' - The Full-Length Tutorial Version




'Pasley Power' - The Speed-Drawing Version


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutoria. I like your style of drawings. I can't get my paisley shape as nice as yours yet, but I'll keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great a paisley design. It looks so easy when you draw the form. I am going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tutorial. This makes it look so easy I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the depth of the circles in the center! You make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous paisley! Also thank you for extra info on paisley, which is very interesting as well. Good work on tutorial and keep up with good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved Paisley and your tutorial has given me so many ideas to work with! THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...