Friday, September 9, 2011

Works in Progress

'Hidden' - A work in progress.




 Just a quick note to show you what I have been up to.  The first is this piece I have been working on as a bit of an experiment.  I might turn into something I can use, I am happy with it so far.  It was drawn freehand in 'Scribbler Too', and then coloured in Photoshop.  As you can see it is a work in progress.

I used a few of my 'Dangerous Doodle' Tutorial designs in this one.  Can you find them?




Henna update:  the colour darkens.

Here is the video, if you want to watch me draw it.  I have also included some helpful tips along the way :)











The second update is to show you another sort of 'work in progress' - my henna hand that I decorated last night.  I forgot that it actually goes darker after a day or so, which is a nice surprise!  It was a sort of orangey-yellow last night when I washed off the henna paste.  Now it has turned a lovely earthy brown colour.  Apparently you can put a mixture of lemon juice and sugar on the henna paste after you have finished the design, and this will make it go even darker.  I will have to try that next time.

Regards,


4 comments:

  1. Luv the "Hidden" work in progress....really cool!!!

    Aunty Txo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a lot of fun to watch! I'd love to know more about how you made the video? I just got an iMac, after being a PC girl for practically ever, so I have some ideas, but any advice would be welcomed and appreciated! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...